Certified B Corporations meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. As the first Herbal Supplements Company to become a Certified B Corp™, we use business as a force for good: making products that are beneficial for people in a way that is good for the earth.
Since our first certification in 2010, we:
- Established the Green Team, a task force to keep our sustainability efforts on track.
- Achieved zero waste outputs (90% or more of waste is diverted from landfills) in our operations.
- Conserve electricity: Installed LED lights in our new facility and implemented task-lighting and energy-saving office equipment settings. Updates to equipment resulted in energy savings.
- Established an Environmental Management System and began tracking Carbon Emissions.
- Put forth our annual sustainability impact report.
- Continue to prioritize sourcing Certified Organic herbs to eliminate toxins from our supply chain. The rest are ethically wildcrafted or naturally grown.
- Reduced waste by redesigning our product packaging to use less plastic and minimal packaging materials.
- Use 100% biodegradable packing peanuts to ship our products.
- Meticulously recycle tons of cardboard, plastics and glass.
- In partnership with TerraCycle and Trex, We recycle office supplies such as printer cartridges, tape dispensers, and plastic bags.
- Divert compostable material from landfills:
- The marc, or powdered plant pulp left over from the extraction process, is composted by a local farmer.
- Renewing this by-product is a great way to have a positive environmental impact and benefit our local agricultural community.
- Support the herbal community, stewardship and education through contributions and in-kind donations