Certified B Corporations meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. As the first Herbal Supplements Company to become a Certified B Corp™, we use business as a force for good: making products that are beneficial for people in a way that is good for the earth.
Since our first certification in 2010, we:
- Continue to source over 75% Organic herbs to eliminate toxins from our supply chain. The rest are ethically wildcrafted or naturally grown.
- Reduced source waste by redesigning our product packaging to use less plastic and use minimal packaging materials.
- Use 100% biodegradable packing peanuts to ship our products
- Meticulously recycle tons of cardboard, plastics and glass.
- Recycle office supplies such as printer cartridges, tape dispensers, and plastic bags in order to minimize landfill waste.
- Divert tons of compostable material from landfills:
- The marc, or powdered plant pulp left over from the extraction process, is turned into compost in partnership with a local zero-waste farmer.
- We also donate the marc to local farms and gardeners for their composting needs as well. Renewing this by-product is a great way to have a positive environmental impact and benefit our local agricultural community.
- Conserve electricity: Installed LED lights in our laboratory and implement task-lighting and energy-saving office equipment settings.
- Participate in TerraCycle brigades to responsibly dispose of various waste streams
- Support our community through contributions and in-kind donations