What We Collect
We get information about you in a range of ways:
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Client or Affiliate partner), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, company address, billing address, and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal, ACH or other financial account information, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings, especially sales tax filings for our wholesale customer sales. We may request documents to verify this information, such as tax forms or other documentation.
- Events/Surveys: We also collect other information (e.g., web events, survey participants, etc.) you voluntarily give us directly and via services like Google, Email, LinkedIn, or Facebook.
Information Automatically Collected
When you interact with H&A through the Service, we receive, store and/or automatically log non-identifiable information about you and your computer. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. For example, when visiting our Service, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, Internet protocol (IP) address, and information about your use of and actions on our Service.
We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as an Embedded Script. An Embedded Script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the links you click on.
Aggregated Personal Information
In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Service, H&A often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on the personal information and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and H&A may share this aggregate data with its affiliates, agents and business partners. H&A may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Service to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Use Of Personal Information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services.
- We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Service, in addition to other endorsements. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Information Choices And Changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Service with your browser settings. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Service works for you.
Links To Other Websites
H&A is a U.S. company. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, H&A transfers Personal Information to the United States for processing, and our service providers may process Personal Information in the United States and elsewhere. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer Personal Information from territories in the EEA or with similar laws to our affiliates or service providers in the United States and elsewhere outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms, including standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain H&A affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please contact us by e-mail using the information on the Contact Us page.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to H&A via the Internet.
Other Terms And Conditions
Your access to and use of the Service is subject to the Terms of Service at herbalist-alchemist.com/terms-amp-conditions
Effective March 19, 2021