A note on Sales Tax
To our loyal customers in California, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Virginia: please note that any applicable sales tax for your order will be calculated and applied to your final invoice.
We accept orders by mail accompanied by check or money order and telephone orders charged to PayPal, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and AmEx or shipped C.O.D. No 3rd party C.O.D.’s accepted. C.O.D. charge is in addition to shipping charge and is equal to the current rate charged by UPS. Please call for current C.O.D. rate. We strive to ship orders within 2 business days of receipt. Shipment time varies depending on your location. Shipments to the west coast take at least one week from date of shipment. Expedited shipping options are available. Accounts ﬁled for collection are responsible for all legal fees incurred by Herbalist & Alchemist. Wholesale orders under $50 net are subject to a $5.00 fee.
We generally ship UPS or FedEx ground service. Please inform us if other arrangements are necessary. Be sure to include your street address for delivery. Shipments to PO Boxes must be delivered via US Mail.
FREE SHIPPING MINIMUM / FLAT RATE SHIPPING (CONTINENTAL US ONLY)
- ONLINE RETAIL ORDERS OVER $75 FREE SHIPPING,
- UNDER $75 SHIPPING RATE DEPENDENT ON DESTINATION AND WEIGHT OF ORDER (Continental US)
- ONLINE WHOLESALE ORDERS OVER $150 FREE SHIPPING,
- UNDER $150 SHIPPING RATE DEPENDENT ON DESTINATION AND WEIGHT OF ORDER (Continental US)
- ALL PHONE ORDERS 0VER $150 FREE SHIPPING,
- UNDER $150 FLAT RATE $10 (Continental US)
2nd or 3rd Day Select Service (Expedited Shipping) will incur extra charges. Please note Expedited Shipping only reduces the ship time for your order and is NOT an expedited processing time.
International shipping charges are calculated based on weight & number of boxes in shipment. Boxes are restricted to a maximum of 16 ounces of liquid per box. You will be contacted with shipping prices for your order. All customs charges are the responsibility of the customer. Orders must be prepaid by credit card or in U.S. funds. All international shipments are final sale, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Herbalist & Alchemist does pour fresh to order, which is why orders can take up to 2-4 business days to process. Your order does not begin to process until we receive confirmation from you with payment accepting all pricing including the shipping
- All international shipments are final sale, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- There are no discounts on international sales.
- All prices are reflected in US Dollars.
- Herbalist & Alchemist accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. We are not able to process HSA (Health Savings Account) credit cards at this time.
- Please be aware that Herbalist & Alchemist is not responsible for any customs duties, confiscation of goods, charges or time delays that may be imposed upon your shipment.
- Herbalist & Alchemist is not responsible for lost packages or damages that may occur during shipping
- Herbalist & Alchemist advises checking with your local customs office for information regarding the possibility of additional charges as well as if the product is able to be imported to your country.
- All international shipments are restricted to a maximum of 16 ounces of product per box. Any orders that contain more than 16 ounces will require multiple boxes and a cost for each box shipped.
- A quote will be emailed to you including your shipping options and total sales amount. Once you have decided on an option, you will need to contact Herbalist & Alchemist at (+1) 908-689-9020 with a credit card number, expiration date and security code for payment. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM -5:00 PM (GMT -5 time zone). We are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and major USA holidays.
- ONLY AFTER HERBALIST & ALCHEMIST RECEIVES PAYMENT WILL THE ORDER BEGIN TO PROCESS.
Minimum drop ship order is $25 net for each second party shipment.
Out of Stock
If we are temporarily out of stock on a product you may re-order that product on your next order. There will be no backorders.
Our catalog lists botanicals in our products by their common name found in the American Herbal Products – Herbs in Commerce publication. The Latin binomial is also included. Note that due to availability we may substitute another species. We will only use species with similar activity or make other changes if approved by our herbalist, David Winston RH(AHG). If such a species is not available, we will not make the product until an approved species becomes available. Our catalog also lists our most frequent fresh or dried botanical selection. Note that due to availability we may substitute fresh for dried or dried for fresh botanicals, if approved by David Winston RH(AHG). Plant part descriptions may change slightly depending on whether we are using fresh or dried plant material. All of our labels reﬂect speciﬁc lot characteristics.
Botanical (Latin) Names
Please be aware that Latin names change. Older reference books often have out of date names and more current reference materials may or may not have the current species name. We generally use current Latin names, unless an older name is so well known that it would be confusing to list the newer name. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
We Have Larger Sizes
Our products are available in 32 oz., and 1 gallon (128 oz.) sizes. Please call for prices. Note: Bottles 8 oz. and larger are not returnable.
Although we strive to maintain constant prices, they are subject to change without notice.
Customer Satisfaction is our priority. We strive to produce exceptional products that meet and exceed our customer’s high expectations. If for any reason your order did not arrive as expected, please contact Customer Service at 800-611-8235 within 7 days of receipt. Please do not return any product without Return Authorization Number.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for your return:
- Return orders caused by our error: Customer Service will issue an exchange or credit. Return Authorization Number and Return Label will be issued for return of product.
- For damaged or defective products please notify Herbalist & Alchemist immediately. Do not discard the packaging. If Herbalist & Alchemist deems product return necessary, Return Authorization Number and Return Label will be issued for return of product.
- Other Returns: must be pre-authorized by Herbalist & Alchemist and a Return Authorization Number will be given. Approved returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee. Please do not return open product unless instructed to do so.
Return Policy on Bottles 8 Oz. or Larger
All sales are final. They are not sizes that we generally stock in inventory and are considered special orders. There are no refunds or exchanges.
Return Policy for Third-Party Sellers
Products purchased from a Health Food Store, Practitioner, Amazon.com or other third-party seller should be returned to the original place of purchase.
There will be a $30 charge for returned checks.
If you have questions about our products, you are welcome to call 800-611-8235 during East Coast business hours—9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday.